What is Suboro TV
- Suboro TV (Suboro ܣܘܒܪܐ means Annunciation) is the first Syriac religious TV channel owned and administered by the Syriac Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch; we hope it will start broadcasting on the Feast of the Annunciation (Suboro) on March 25, 2018.
- Suboro TV is independent of any political party or movement; it is administered by a board comprised of clergy and laity.
- Suboro TV is established in response to the yearning of Syriacs and other Christians throughout the world for a TV station that will provide an unbiased medium of communication and accommodate the need for spiritual programs
- Suboro TV provides coverage of news and activities which take place within the Church throughout the world
Why Suboro TV
- Our Patriarchate has been planning to have a private Syriac religious TV Channel as early as 2009 when the Holy Synod decided to explore the idea.
- During the Holy Synod in 2015, a report on the progress was delivered and their Eminences the Archbishops showed their support.
- Our Church and people, both in our homeland and in the diaspora, are negatively affected by the current genocide we are facing. Persecutions and assimilation are both dangers that are threatening our existence; therefore, there is a need for a new media, a channel that will enlighten and unite our people through its programs.
- The TV-channels that already exist among our Syriac people are doing a good job, they have been able to develop and spread the language, the culture and our history; Suboro TV will be a complement for these channels. However, each one of them has its policies and political agenda. As a church channel, Suboro TV will not be associated with any specific political view or agenda.
- Suboro TV will also cooperate with other TV channels that exist among our people to promote the Syriac language, heritage and culture.
- Produce and broadcast TV programs of quality and integrity that recognize and fulfill the spiritual needs of our Syriac people
- Produce religious, cultural and social programs targeting different groups within the community, such as children, youth, etc…
- Spread the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, faith of the Church and the teachings of the Fathers of the Syriac Orthodox Church
- Inform the rest of the world about the challenges our people are facing
Promote multi-cultural understanding and religious dialogue
- Suboro TV will have studios in Lebanon and Germany and correspondences all over Syria, Iraq, Turkey and throughout the diaspora where our people live.
- Programs of Suboro TV will be broadcasted through the Satellite Channel and advertised through the social media (website, Facebook, YouTube, etc…)
- Offer community-oriented programs that will enrich our Syriac people as well as non-Syriac viewers
- Suboro TV has many committees of which we list the following:
Preparatory Committee: His Eminence Mor Philoxenus Mattias Nayis, Aydin Doganay, Tarzan Doganay, Daniel Elias, Nuri Kino, Julius Beth Hanne, Zeki Dag, Yawsef Beth Turo, Michael Erden, Gabi Afram and Martin Barman
- Legal: Aydin Doganay and Micheal Erden
- Technical: Gabi Afram and Martin Barman
- Program: Elizabeth Aydin, Yawsef Beth Turo and Zeki Dag
- Financial: His Eminence Mor Philoxenus Mattias Nayis, Tarzan Doganay, Julius Beth Hanne and Michael Erde
HE Mor Philoxenus Mattias Nayis: +491715388588 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Very Rev. Raban Jack Yakoub: +963930339774 – email@example.com